Job Category :
Advertising / Public Relations
Reference # :
Updated On :
Monday, October 15, 2018
1 - 5 YearsSkills :
- Must have strong relevant technical skills and experience
- Previous experience in either a senior support role or mid-level system engineering role
- Must have strong communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Linux, Windows and OSX Operating System management
- Networking and connectivity skills, Routers, Fibre Channel and 10gb
- SAN environment management experience is a must
- Scripting in Python and Shell
- Experience with Puppet a plus.
- MAC/PC maintenance and software installation.
- Installation and upgrading of MAC/PC hardware.
- Film/VFX/Advertisement Industry experience, a must.
- Ability to travel and Relocate to UAE
- Exhibit a passion for learning new skills, techniques and technologies.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively communicate with people with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of a larger team.
- A keen focus on attention to detail and customer service.
- Ability to work remotely with multiple technical departments
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with fluid requirements and deadlines.
- Exhibit a strong interest in technology and the entertainment industry.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think on your feet? to come up with creative ideas and solutions to technical problems.Responsibilities :
- Provide 1st/2nd level technical support.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting local infrastructure.
- Follow IT procedures as established by the head of Department.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the company's Dubai infrastructure, including workstations, servers, storage, network, tape backups and video equipment.
- Ensure the reliable and efficient handling of video media and image data to meet the needs of staff and clients through all service areas (transfer, duplication, display, editing, archiving).
- Maintain video & data capture & transfer systems (Mac, PC or other).
- Perform maintenance on a broad range of video equipment, including display set-ups and alignment through to cabling and routing, if required.
- Manage the company's IP telephone and Video Conferencing systems at the local level.
- You may be required to perform after hours and/or weekend support.
- Relocation of IT equipment (moving machine/s, monitors etc).
- Ensure that asset management, licensing, OH&S, and other company policies are being adhered to.
- Get quotes and manage vendors as required
- Assist with project tasks.
- Generate and maintain both internal and end user documentation, as required.
- Take calls from Clients when issues arise and respond appropriately;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Avid Media Composer, Final Cut, Flame, Flare, Maya, Adobe and Resolve is a must.
- Escalate issues to vendors if required;
Serena, a place where ideas flourish.
Based in Madrid and Dubai, we help design and shape audio visual and digital content for advertising, TV and music projects. Serena is a creative post production studio where we collaborate with you to turn your audiovisual projects into a reality.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing person to join our IT Support team in our Dubai office. You will be working with a vast and complex array of technologies for one of best advertisement visual effects and animation studios. The majority of the work will be face-to-face with producers/head of departments and will require some email correspondence with our providers during their business hours. Ideal candidate should have knowledge of the animation and advertisement production process, excellent communication and follow-up skills, understanding of the demands of production, and have a willingness to support production as dictated by their schedules.